From overflowing landfills to oil spills, man’s unsustainable quest to live a better life without caring for the environment has caused an intolerable amount of environmental disasters to be formed. In today’s world, pollution is labeled to be the #1 killer, affecting more than 100 million worldwide.
And it doesn’t stop there… More than 1 million seabirds and 100 million mammals are killed by pollution every year.
We obviously need a change – but what can inspire humans to live more sustainably and limit their carbon footprint? The photos below, which expose the truth of what is happening around the globe, are a great starting point.
Here are 20+ shocking photos which show man-made disasters and their effect on the environment. If these photos aren’t enough to inspire you to collect trash when you see it, it’s time to wake up.
1. A Tortoise Trapped in Plastic
2. Homeless Koala
3. Trapped in Plastic, This Turtle’s Waist Couldn’t Grow
4. Bird in Oil Spill
5. Albatross Killed By Excess Plastic Ingestion (North Pacific)
6. A Stork Trapped In Plastic
7. A Wounded Seal Unsafe In Its Own Habitat
8. Oiled Penguins
9. Surfing A Wave Full Of Trash (Java, Indonesia – The World’s Most Populated Island)
10. Plastic Diver
Every morning this child searches through discarded trash for recyclable plastic that can be sold for 35 cents per kilo to help his family.
11. Seal’s Nose Trapped In Plastic Waste
12. Bird In Oil Spill
13. Boy Swimming in Polluted Water
14. A Child Drinks Polluted Water From A Stream In Fuyuan County, Yunnan Province
15. Bangladesh Landscape Filled With Trash
16. Swan Builds A Nest Using Plastic Trash
17. Landfill In Acra (Ghana)
First-world trash mostly ends up in third-world countries’ landfills.
18. Frog in Polluted Water
19. Crab Living in a Broken Bottle
20. Young Raccoon With Fishing Lure In His Lip
21. Pollution in a “dry” river in Bali
When the rain comes, the trash gets washed out to the sea.
22. Open Dumping In The Streets Of New Delhi, India
23. Beijing In A Cloud of Smog
A bit at a time goes a long way. Picking up a piece of trash when you see it, initiating a recycling program in your town, or lovingly educating others on the benefits of not littering will slowly but surely help to progress the collective consciousness.
Share this to raise awareness of environmental pollution!