Stretch marks appear after pregnancy, weight loss or weight gain. Nowadays, there are plenty of creams and lotions in the market or even laser surgeries that will help to get rid of stretch marks. If you don’t want to waste your money on chemicals or you simply don’t believe in advertising, you can always try these natural and simple methods to remove stretch marks.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is famous herb known for its healing properties. Also, Aloe Vera works great on the skin, makes your skin more soothing and hydrated.
- Rub Aloe Vera gel directly on the affected area and leave it on for 15min, then rinse with warm water.
2. Castor Oil
In cosmetic industry, castor oil is used to treat skin problems like age spots, moles, wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, and it is also very helpful in the treatment of stretch marks.
- Massage the affected area with this oil for 10min in a circular motion. When you’re done, wrap the area with a thin cloth and use hot water or a heating pad and apply gently to the area for 30min per day. Do the treatment on a daily basis for at least one month and you will see the results.
3. Lemon juice
We all know about the powers of lemon and lemon juice. Well, you can use its powers to fight off acne or even stretch marks as well!
- Rub lemon juice onto the affected area in a circular motion and leave the juice for 10 minutes to soak into the skin. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Use raw sugar as a natural exfoliant, it will help you in reducing stretch marks.
- Combine 1tbsp of raw sugar with almond oil and add a few drops of fresh lemon juice, rub the mixture on the stretch marks and leave it for a few minutes before taking a shower. Do this treatment as often as you can to see the best results.
Alfalfa leaves are rich in vitamins (such as: Vitamin E and K), proteins, minerals and other nutrients, they provide many benefits for our skin.
- Make a smooth paste by mixing a few drops of chamomile oil and alfalfa powder, massage the mixture on the affected area 2-3times daily. You will see the results in a few weeks.
6. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is known as a powerful natural moisturizer, it nourishes the skin and helps in fighting the stretch marks.
- Combine ½ cup of cocoa butter, 1tsp wheat germ oil, 2tsp of beeswax, 1tsp of apricot kernel and 1tsp vitamin E oil. You should heat the mixture on a low heat until the beeswax melts. Leave the mixture in an open container in the refrigerator and use it 2-3 times daily with massaging the affected area.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil has many antioxidants, nutrients and vitamins such as: Vitamin A, D, and E so you can use this oil for numerous skin conditions including stretch marks.
- Use the oil to massage the affected area to improve blood circulation and leave it for 30min. Do this technique daily for the best results.