Besides being one of the main ingredients for making a delicious Curry, Turmeric is also known to have strong anti-inflammatory properties. That being said, turmeric has long been used as a powerful anti-inflammatory in both the Chinese and Indian medicine.
Read below to learn about the many health benefits of turmeric and how to use it for different treatments:
Studies have proven that curcumin, turmericâ€™s active ingredient, has anti-inflammatory properties which are more effective than many drugs.
The great thing about turmeric is the fact that unlike common drugs, it doesn’t come with any side effects.
Being a strong anti-inflammatory, turmeric can also help with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) like ulcerative colitis and Chronâ€™s diseases. It is also a powerful ally in the fight against rheumatoid arthritis and cystic fibrosis.
Furthermore, turmeric can also help in the treatment of Alzheimerâ€™s disease, reduce bad cholesterol, keep your heart healthy and prevent it from heart diseases and stroke. Turmeric also helps to maintain proper liver function.
Recent studies are showing promising results in preventing cancer and reducing cancer metastasis and growth.
Turmeric is alsoÂ used in the treatment of:
- Joint Painâ€“Mix together Himalayan salt with turmeric with a 1:2 ratio and add a little water. When the mixture is done, apply it on the affected area and let it sit for 20 minutes. Apply this every day until the pain goes away.Â Turmeric does stain the skin yellow but it effectively decreases swelling.
- Disinfect Minor Cuts and Woundsâ€“ After cleaning the wound, apply turmeric to the area and place a bandage over it.
- Natural Food Coloring in Bakingâ€“ Use a small amount of turmeric to color the food you are preparing.
- Longevity Teaâ€“ Prepare a turmeric tea and add honey or ginger for a better taste. The tea can help many medical conditions.
- Reduce Stomach Acheâ€“ Turmeric helps against stomachache.
- Antacid– Mix together one teaspoon of turmeric with 4 cups of boiling water to relieve heartburn.
- Anti-Dandruff Salveâ€“ Mix together an equal amount of coconut oil and turmeric and massage you scalp with this mixture. Let it sit for 15 minutes and wash your hair as you usually would.
- Glowing skinâ€“ Mix together 1/3 teaspoon turmeric, 1 egg white whisked and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Massage this on your face, let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse it off.
- Sunburn reliefâ€“ Mix together turmeric with aloe vera gel and apply it on your skin.
- Teeth Whitenerâ€“ Turmeric is used for teeth whitening! Mix a teaspoon of turmeric, 3 tablespoons of softened coconut oil, and 2 teaspoons of baking soda to prepare the paste. Brush your teeth as you usually do and rinse your mouth.
- Foundationâ€“ Add this spice to tinted moisturizers if you want to even your skin color.
- Facial Mask for Dark circles, Acne, Rosaceaâ€“ Mix a teaspoon of water, a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of turmeric to prepare a natural mask. Apply it on the face, wait for 3 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Chemical Free FabricÂ Dyeâ€“ Fill a pot with 3/4 water and add 5 teaspoons of turmeric. Wait until it boils and let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Place the wet fabric in the pot and let it simmer for an hour. Wait until it dries completely and your fabric should be colored.
- Homemade, Colored Puttyâ€“You canÂ mix salt, oil, flour, water, and cream of tartar, and add beets for red, and turmeric for yellow color.
Being one of the nature’s healthiest products, we suggest that you add turmeric in your daily diet to get its many health benefits!