If you notice your hair falling out in the shower, don’t panic. Most people lose around 50-100 hairs a day. This is usually not noticeable since new hair is growing in at the same time. But if you notice thinning areas on your scalp or bald spots, the reason for that might be a disrupted cycle of growth and shedding.
There are several conditions that can cause hair loss, including:
- Family History – which is the most common cause. It usually occurs gradually and in predictable patterns, such as bald spots in men and thinning hair in women.
- Hormonal Changes – Hormonal imbalances due to pregnancy, childbirth, or the onset of menopause can also cause temporary hair loss.
- Medical Conditions – Various scalp infections that cause scarring can result in hair loss at the affected areas.
- Medications – Certain medications can also cause hair loss, such as birth control pills, drugs used to treat cancer, depression, arthritis, heart problems and high blood pressure.
Whatever the cause may be, hair loss can be extremely frustrating. Luckily, you can try one of these natural remedies to help stop hair loss and promote the growth of healthy hair.
1. Aloe Vera
This plant contains enzymes that directly promote hair growth and helps bring the pH level of the scalp to a healthier level. Daily use of Aloe Vera can help relieve scalp itching and inflammation, and prevent dandruff.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel or juice directly to the scalp.
- Leave it on for a few hours, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process 3-4 times a week.
2. Chinese Hibiscus
Studies have shown that this flower helps promote hair growth. Chinese hibiscus can also be used to thicken hair, prevent dandruff, heal split ends and prevent premature graying.
- Mix 10 dried Chinese hibiscus flowers to 2 cups of coconut oil.
- Heat the solution until it comes to a boil, then strain in order to collect the oil.
- It is the best to apply this remedy to your hair before you go to bed and put on a cap. Wash it off in the morning.
- Use this remedy several times a week.
3. Licorice Root
This incredible root helps to open the pores of the scalp, soothe it and help prevent scalp irritations such as dandruff flakes. Licorice root is mostly used to treat dandruff, hair loss, and baldness.
- Add 1tbsp of ground licorice root to 1 cup of milk and 1/4 teaspoon of saffron.
- Mix well and apply the paste on bald patches before going to bed.
- Leave the solution overnight and wash your hair in the morning.
- Use this remedy once or twice a week.
4. Coconut Milk
Besides its countless health benefits, coconut milk also promotes hair growth and prevents further hair loss.
- It’s always the best to make your own fresh coconut milk by adding a freshly grated coconut to a pan of water.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, then strain.
- Once cool, apply the milk on your scalp and your hair.
- Leave the solution on for about 20 minutes, then wash your hair with a regular shampoo.
Flaxseeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which can help prevent hair loss while encouraging healthy hair growth.
- Consume 1 tbsp of freshly ground flaxseeds with a glass of water in the morning. You can also add flaxseeds to your salads, smoothies and soups!
Fenugreek is found to be very effective in hair loss treatment thanks to its hormone antecedents that enhance hair growth and help rebuild hair follicles. It also contains proteins and nicotinic acid, both of which help stimulate hair growth.
- Soak 1 cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- Grind them into a paste in the morning.
- Apply the paste to your hair and cover it with a shower cap.
- Leave the solution on for about 40 minutes before washing your hair.
- Use this remedy every morning for 1 month.
Do you know any other food that can help in hair loss treatment? Please feel free to share your thoughts and comments below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends and family as you might help someone in need. Cheers!